- 15+ years experience successfully implementing learning programs in a range of dynamic environments.
- Award-winning instructor and mentor with 12+ years of employing cutting-edge methods to teach a broad range of social science and business topics utilizing DEI-informed perspective.
- Excellent communicator, writer, and public speaker who builds cooperative networks across skills and levels.
- Published organizational and developmental psychology expert and curriculum designer with a disruptive approach to leading organizational change and development
- Upskilling expert with deep understanding of cutting edge adult learning theory and practice
|The University of Texas at Austin | Austin, TX Assistant Professor of Instruction of Human Development and Family Sciences||September 2017 – Present|
- Implemented learning solutions at top-tier university, leading 30+ courses over 4+ years, developing schedules, communication, content, evaluation, and more for 1.5K+ learners.
- Increased enrollment in ethics and career courses by ~40% resulting in selection to spearhead development of multiple new courses
- Developed end-to-end solution for improved student career and personal development from design through successful implementation
- Quantitatively improved learner satisfaction by earning a stellar reputation as an inclusive, inspiring educator, resulting in improved department metrics in advance of institutional board review
- Increased departmental instructional strength through coaching, mentoring, and training 30+ graduate students and 20+ faculty multi-modal instruction, LMS UI best practices, and inclusive pedagogy.
- Directed and collaborated with 100+ undergraduate researchers and writers, teaching research methods, compelling writing, and research ethics, resulting in multiple student awards and publications
- Completed 15+ continuing education workshops, symposia, and training, including Understanding the Black American Experience, Teaching Students with Disabilities, & Inclusive Teaching Symposium
- Awards: TONIC Award for Pandemic Teaching, 2021, Student Appreciation Award for Disability Allyship, 2020
- Drove institutional investment in stakeholder integrity, ethics, and well-being in response to social inequality during COVID, generating a desire to move beyond academia and impact cutting edge organizations
|St. Edward’s University | Austin, TX Adjunct Professor in Leadership & Communication||January 2011 – August 2017|
- Redesigned and delivered 15+ courses to adult learners in areas of business, leadership, communications, and ethics using proven adult learning theory and best practices
- Conducted research on the application of adult learning theories to a diverse audience, resulting in improved practice and positive student feedback
- Kept up consulting projects and education while concurrently pursuing a Ph.D., taking already strong facilitation and research skills to a new level
|Michelann Quimby Consulting | Austin, TX Senior Consultant, Owner, Principal||January 2008 – January 2020|
- Reshaped 10+ ambiguous, fast-changing organizations through organizational development research, gap analyses, consulting, coaching, and more, delivering actionable insights and creative solutions
- Developed and administered workshops and training for clients and conferences on identifying Mission, Vision, and Values to align company policy with organizational behavior.
- Developed and administered additional workshops and training on employee engagement, healthy online communities, public speaking best practices, and career development
- Designed and utilized proprietary organizational research methodology to conduct needs analyses, inform program development, measure progress, and create support strategies, bolstering decision-making and problem-solving skills with solid science
- Absorbed strategies and philosophies of business and psychology thought leaders, keeping abreast of trends and tools to provide competitive subject matter expertise
- Collaborated with business leaders and other stakeholders to design, develop, and administer training and employee engagement efforts
- Coached and mentored executives, managers, and individual contributors on evidenced-based ethical leadership best practices
- Implemented learning solutions that accelerated businesses’ performance and addressed critical skill gaps at all levels, using innovative methods to promote employee engagement, increasing performance
|Doctor of Philosophy in Human Development | Fielding Graduate University |
GPA 4.0 | Dissertation: Aggression & Adaptation: An Online Psychodynamic Discourse
Analysis of Ego Defense in the Body Positive Community
|Master of Science in Human Development | Fielding Graduate University|
|Master of Science in Leadership and Ethics, St. Edward’s UniversityGPA 4.0 | Thesis: Framing Change: A New Approach to Change Management Analysis||2007|
|Master of Music in Vocal Performance San Francisco Conservatory of Music,|
Selected Publications & Presentations
Trauma-Informed Pedagogy for Primary and Secondary Trauma in Female and Minority Natural Sciences Undergraduates During COVID | Chapter Author | Lessons from the Pandemic: Trauma-Informed Approaches to College, Crisis, Change | 2021
Guest Speaker: Ethics and Power Distance. UT Natural Sciences Council Healthy Voluntarism Event, 2021
Trauma-Informed Pedagogy Podcast | Guest Speaker, UT Faculty Innovation Center, 2020
Healthy Online Discourse, Donna Murphy, School Board Candidate Livecast, Pearland ISD, 2019
Cyberbullying Problems and Solutions, Donna Murphy, School Board Candidate Livecast, Pearland ISD, 2019
Power and Perils of Digital Activism, South by Southwest Interactive, 2017
Organizational Politics: Using Your Power for Good | Author | The System Thinker | 2010
Actions Speak Louder Than Words: Understanding the Power of Symbolic Action | The System Thinker | 2010
Framing Change: A New Approach to Change Management Analysis | Co-Author | OD Practitioner | 2009
Compelling presentations: How to engage and interest your audience. RISE Austin, 2013, 2012
Creating a Culture of Collaboration, Caritas of Austin, 2012
Cooperative Problem Solving, Caritas of Austin, 2012
Mission, vision, and values: What are they and why do they matter? RISE Austin, 2009
Organizational politics: Using your power for good, Wisdom at Work, 2008